Access to Beaches and Golf Courses, after the Covid-19, Bahía de Banderas.
The ADEPM together with other organizations carried out an investigation to learn about the global effects that have been reported with respect to Covid-19 in relation to the use of public spaces such as beaches and golf courses.
This research was carried out with the purpose of supporting a request made to the Executive Authority of the Nayarit state, requesting to allow the use of these public spaces, as they are necessary for the development of tourist activity in the region.
The proposal includes establishing new measures and protocols through a state certification and in cases of NOT following the guidelines, the beach or golf course would have to be temporarily closed.
We share information found on the web, where science has contributed to humanity, reporting how the new COVID-19 virus behaves in spaces such as beaches and golf courses.
The virus on the beach sand in joint action with the sea salt, the ultraviolet radiation from the sun and the high temperature reached in the sand, are favorable for the INACTIVATION OF THE PATHOGENIC AGENTS. This according to the Higher Council for Scientific Research (CSIC) of Spain See Link
· “[UV light] almost sterilizes surfaces. Being outside, you are generally cleaner than inside the reason is that ultraviolet light, “as it is used in hospitals to disinfect medical equipment, Ian Lipkin, director of the Center for Infection and Immunity at Columbia University, told National Geographic. See Link
According to the National Golf Foundation (NGF) in the United States since June 1, 98% of Golf courses are open, this because Golf is considered a safe sport for Tourism. See Link
The protocols that have been established in other countries to use Beaches and Golf Courses, could be a basis to create ones for Nayarit, these include:
- Hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene. (Covers mouths)
- Stay home if you show symptoms of COVID-19.
- Guarantee the availability of a supply of healthy hygiene, soap, disinfectant with at least
- 60% alcohol, paper towels, disposable tissues, and trash cans that do not require contact with hands.
- Posters to publicize the good use of Public Areas, Beaches, Pools, Open sports courts such as Tennis Courts, Golf Courses, in general areas of outdoor activities.
- Carry out cleaning and disinfection of the affected areas.
- Discourage the shared use of articles that have contact with the face of several people such as: glasses, snorkeling, diving, etc.)